7 Massage Oils to Tone and Firm Body
The easiest way to rejuvenate, refresh and release stress from your mind and body is to get a body massage done. A good body massage will help relieve tension from the muscles, calm and soothe both body and mind, along with tightening and firming up the skin. It also helps tone, firm, moisturize, gets rid of cellulite. You could use either a single oil or a mix of various oils for the body massage process, there’s no hard and fast rule when it comes to massage oils.
Why Body Massage is Important? A good massage oil helps soothe and calm muscle pain. It also helps restore energy and flexibility in the body along with tightening and firming up the skin. Body massages also help relieve tension and relax tight muscles.
How Often Should You get a Massage? If you are in a stressful job, it’s a good idea to get massage done once a week. Otherwise, getting massage done once a month is just about okay.
Here’s the list of 7 Best Body Massage Oils:
1. Sesame oil: Sesame oil has amazing benefits for skin with its high vitamin E content. It helps to maintain good skin health and detoxifies skin. Sesame oil is widely used in ayurvedic massages for its numerous benefits, it relieves muscular tension and pain and adds glow too, apart from increasing blood circulation. Additionally, it can also be used for oil pulling and for massaging scalp to promote hair growth.
2. Sweet almond oil: Sweet almond oil which is extracted from prunus dulcus and it deeply cleanses skin, relieves eczema and psoriasis condition. It also relieves muscle aches, pains, and fatigue. It also firms and tones skin, improving all signs of ageing.
3. Jojoba oil – It’s an oil that’s suitable for all skin types because of its non-comedogenic properties. It mimics the composition of body’s natural oil, so moisturizes and hydrates skin amply. It does not clog or block pores. Regular massage with jojoba oil minimizes the appearance of fine lines, fades scars and stretch marks too. Additionally, it firms and tones skin.
4. Mustard oil: Mustard oil is widely used in Indian cooking as well as for massaging the skin because. It has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties along with high vitamin E content which keeps skin healthy and glowing. It also forms a barrier and protects skin from ultraviolet rays. A good massage with mustard oil relieves pain from the joints from diseases such as rheumatism and arthritis.
5. Olive oil: To not include olive oil in the list of body massage oils would be a huge blunder. Olive oil immensely hydrates skin and makes it soft and supple. It also helps to fade scars and blemishes. It is an excellent moisturizer for all skin types, particularly dry skin. Massaging olive oil on elbows and knees would soften up the rough texture. Olive oil tones and firms skin.
6. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a versatile oil because it can be used in cooking, for cosmetic purposes, as hair oil and also as pre-bath massages and post-bath moisturizer. Coconut oil can help relieves stress and fatigue from the muscles. Also, glowing and supple skin is guaranteed with massage from hot coconut oil.
7. Avocado oil: Avocado oil has high vitamin E content which also has chlorophyl content, and is rich in nutrients. Avocado oil intensely hydrates skin without making it greasy. It stimulates collagen production in the skin and improves skin’s elasticity.
So, these were the 7 best massage oils which you can use individually or mixing two or more oils together.
Read more: makeupandbeauty.com